[OM] Opportunities

Subject: [OM] Opportunities
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2013 12:14:49 -0600
I'm heading down to Southern Illinois this week for three days to spend
time with my dad.  He's battling cancer, and the cancer seems to be
winning this time, so I wanted to spend as much time as I can.  I'm also
going to make sure to get photos of both of us together and just some of
him.  In a couple of weeks, my brother is going to meet me down there
when I go back.

He lives in a small rural community, so I'm also going to take a little
time to walk/drive around and find interesting photo opportunites.  I'm
also hoping to get a chance to sit down with a friend of mine, a guy
who, when I was still in high school, befriended me, taught me most of
what I know about amateur radio, and taught me a lot of things about
life.  Hoping to get a few photos of him as well.

I'm thrilled that I finally made time to go hang out with Dad, but not
happy that the circumstances are so dire.  This whole growing up and
growing older thing kinda sucks.  And I've lost enough loved ones and
friends to cancer that I'm really ready for it to stop.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard