Re: [OM] Reverse adapter - mount MFT lens on FT?

Subject: Re: [OM] Reverse adapter - mount MFT lens on FT?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 10:13:23 +1100
A philosophical response would begin with defining the term 'dog' and perhaps
denying the validity of 'obsolete' used as an active verb. And defining the
concept of 'obsolete' which originally meant, to fall into disuse. So if it is
in use, it's not obsolete.  And that qualifier 'appear to be' is problematic.
To obsolesce here seems to depend upon the existence of a yet merely planned
replacement, so it is a potential state, not an actual state. And then there is
the problem that the replacement may not be an improvement in some or many
ways. Did the E5 become obsolete when the E-M5 was released - clearly not,
unless you really need small and light.

Andrew (I just bought a 1960 Rolleiflex and it's bloody Chris Crawfor'ds fault)
Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com
Author/Publisher: The SLR Compendium - http://www.blurb.com/books/3732813