Re: [OM] E-M5 battery and HDL-6 battery grip

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 battery and HDL-6 battery grip
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 22:06:13 -0800
On 2/4/2013 9:44 PM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
> But it's the cleverest grip I've ever seen.
> The idea of splitting it into handgrip and battery pack is good enough to
> make it a key accessory and one not to be done without.

Yes, a lovely piece of engineering, I admire that enough to almost wish I
needed one ... well, maybe not really.

> But then, I've got fat little hands.

My hands are usually large in a glove size, but sometimes medium. Well, I
suppose the palms are medium, but my fingers
usually push against the ends of medium glove fingers, so I usually buy large.

If I needed a grip, sure, it's brilliant. But the E-M5 fits very nicely in my
hands as it comes. The thumb grip is also
brilliant and the non-slip of the finish on the front grip is good. Between
them, I just don't want or need anything
else to make it easy and secure to hold the camera.

I've carried it about extensively in New England, some of Calif. and in
Seattle, for hours at a time, taking hundreds of
shots some days - and I've never had a thought arise about how I need something
to make gripping the camera easier. I
know there are people who are uncomfortable holding certain cameras, even to
the extent of cramps. I'm  comfortable.

If I needed it to make my grip comfortable, secure, etc., I'd probably think
$300 was a fair price, and the weight worth
it, too.

In Between Moose