[OM] There is always a solution to every problem - off topic

Subject: [OM] There is always a solution to every problem - off topic
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 13:50:06 -0600
There is always a solution to every problem. The challenge is finding it.

I had a bit of a challenge in my day job. We're doing a massive
multi-node equipment upgrade that requires too many moving parts to
mesh at the same time in order to work. It COULD be done in one
maintenance window, but the number of people required and the chance
for a massive crash and burn was too great. The solution, in this
case, ended up being something simple.

Well, "simple" is relative. "Simple" in this case will shorten the
project by three months and save a quarter million dollars. The new
plan is verified to work, so it's just a matter of getting it done,
now.

I think I earned my keep, today. There are things you wish you could
put in a CV.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx