Re: [OM] [OT] Posting Batteries prohibited by UK Royal Mail

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Posting Batteries prohibited by UK Royal Mail
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 11:57:36 +0000 (GMT)
Royal Mail have been going crazy recently  :-O> They tried to ban (thankfully
unsuccessfully) the sending of any firearms related product by post. This
included springs, sears, o-rings, screws, etc. for both air rifles and
firearms! This would have had the effect of putting small firms out of
business. There was no justification for this and thankfully the proposals were
thrown out.
 I can see some safety implications in sending batteries but surely these could
be overcome with sensible packaging?
Carriers other than the Royal Mail charge much higher rates, and if you miss a
delivery it is a nightmare to re arrange .
Royal Mail does not seem to care about its customers.

Regards
John Duggan,
Wales, UK