Re: [OM] [OT] Posting Batteries prohibited by UK Royal Mail

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Posting Batteries prohibited by UK Royal Mail
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 20:53:38 -0500
I took a package to the US Post Office today and chanced to spot a new
sign I'd not seen before.  It was titled something like "Restrictions on
foreign mail shipments containing batteries"  No mention of the US or UK
just all foreign mail.  Small batteries of all types are banned unless
installed in the equipment they are intended for.  Large batteries (of
any type) for autos, farm equipment, etc. are banned completely.
Clearly that doesn't fit the present UK restrictions.

Chuck Norcutt