Re: [OM] [OT] Posting Batteries prohibited by UK Royal Mail

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Posting Batteries prohibited by UK Royal Mail
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 15:21:58 -0800
On 2/9/2013 12:59 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> But ridiculessness has never prevented the issuing of regulations.  :-)

Probably encourages it.

"Sure, I'll vote for your bill. It'll look like I'm doing something for some
important constituents, and it's
unenforceable anyway."

Slightly OT, but reminds me of an ordinance passed here in Berzerkeley a few
years ago, banning public nudity. (Here??,
I know.)

Police would bust 'em. DA would charge 'em, courts would try 'em. Juries
wouldn't convict 'em, not once. (Ah, yes, we're
still us.)

The City Council changed it from misdemeanor to infraction, like a parking
ticket. No jury, a fine, but no record.

Now I believe there's no action absent a citizen complaint, and no ticket
absent a refusal to become clothed. Wouldn't
know, personally, never complained or been complained against - at least on
those grounds.

I didn't do it, I wasn't there, nobody saw me, you can't prove a thing.

Loose Moose