[OM] OT: PowerGen I-thingie car charger

Subject: [OM] OT: PowerGen I-thingie car charger
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 22:03:20 -0500 (EST)
These were pointed out here as being able to charge 2 things at once
even higher drawing i-pad.
First one really would not charge my phone.  I tested it upon receipt
and the charger did light up as expected and I heard the charge
chime.  2nd time  the chime would chime intermittently every few
minutes while plugged in while driving.  The charge symbol was
not displayed on the phone though it didn't discharge any wither. .
the overall reviews were quite good so thought I just got a lemon by
bad luck and I returned it and bought another.
This one behaves the same way.  I thought it might be the car as I read
some dedicated cables that not only charge but couple the phone to the
audio system may not charge well depending on the IOS version.  No luck
in Tahoe either.  Any ideas?

Out of i-deas, Mike