Re: [OM] OT: PowerGen I-thingie car charger

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: PowerGen I-thingie car charger
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 07:53:26 -0600
On 2/9/2013 10:03 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
>> These were pointed out here as being able to charge 2 things at once
>> even higher drawing i-pad.
>> First one really would not charge my phone.  I tested it upon receipt
>> and the charger did light up as expected and I heard the charge
>> chime.  2nd time  the chime would chime intermittently every few
>> minutes while plugged in while driving.  The charge symbol was
>> not displayed on the phone though it didn't discharge any wither. .
>> the overall reviews were quite good so thought I just got a lemon by
>> bad luck and I returned it and bought another.
>> This one behaves the same way.  I thought it might be the car as I read
>> some dedicated cables that not only charge but couple the phone to the
>> audio system may not charge well depending on the IOS version.  No luck
>> in Tahoe either.  Any ideas?
>>
>> Out of i-deas, Mike

Mike,

This is the one I have.  Actually, have two - one for my car, one for my
wife's.  I can verify that it charges both an iPad and an iPhone at the
same time, without sweating.  Have had mine over 2 years so far.

http://www.scosche.com/chargers/car/revive-ii-dual-usb-car-charger-for-ipad-2-1a-1a

Completely recommend it.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard