Re: [OM] Winterlude photos

Subject: Re: [OM] Winterlude photos
From: "Walters, Martin" <Martin.Walters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 12:29:03 +0000
 Chris:
"Small" is relative. I simply set the camera up that way, with no further
thought. I obviously figured that this choice would "save space". Anyway, it
seemed like a good idea at the time. As I'm a bit lazy by nature, I figured
that "large/fine" JPEGs would be sufficient if I didn't want to take the time
to play with the RAW files. I actually shoot RAW+JPEG. I did look at a couple
of RAW files through Viewer (and quickly PE/ACR and Photoninja). The default
"development" setting for Viewer gives, what appear to me, results identical to
the OOC JPEG. Need to do some more research.

Interestingly, one of the other people on the shoot linked to me through Flikr.
He was using an EOS 60D and zoom (no idea which). He posted a similar photo of
the sea horses carving.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hickdon/8463524456/in/set-72157632735101315/  It's
interesting to compare the two (mine:
.http://www.flickr.com/photos/hickdon/8463524456/in/set-72157632735101315/).
While the 60D appears to be an older camera, I think it targets roughly the
same level of photographer.

Martin