Re: [OM] 1st Astrophoto

Subject: Re: [OM] 1st Astrophoto
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 11:16:24 -0800
On 2/13/2013 6:45 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Nikon D800, Nikon 24-70/2.8.
>
> I'd say the E-M5 did a pretty damn good job. Keep it up. And if you don't own
> an LL Bean headlamp, proceed directly to the following link and order one. To
> say that it's the bee's knees would be to horribly abuse understatement.
>
> http://www.llbean.com/llb/search/?freeText=head+lamp&init=1
>
> Didn't realize how many variations they now have. I'm going to order one with
> the red LEDs in addition to the white LEDs to preserve night vision.

I quite like my Petzl Tikka Plus 2. Good brightness choices on the white LED
and easy switching to red.

Most importantly, it just turns off when you want it to.

Some headlamps remember where you were in the cycle of brightness and flashing
choices, so you have to remember how many
presses it takes to get back to off, if you want to avoid being annoying or
inducing epileptic fits. This, and I suppose
other Petzls, assumes after a couple of seconds of no button presses that you
are done selecting the mode. The next
press then just turns it off.

It's actually the reason I went and did some research and bought a head lamp. I
had a perfectly decent, cheap, little
three LED thingie that clips under the brim of a hat, but had the stupid sort
of button logic.

Bright Nights Moose