Re: [OM] World Press Photos

Subject: Re: [OM] World Press Photos
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 04:37:57 -0600
On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 3:29 PM, Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes.  But I wonder how a photographer gets to see and photograph prisoners
> being tortured.

This is the thing about being a hardcore photojournalist that I could never
handle.  Theoretically, when you see something horrific happening, you are
supposed to suppress the normal human urge to help another human being and
instead take photos to document the event.  In my mind, that's ethically
wrong.  If you see someone about to get brutalized or murdered, how can you
just stand there and take photos when you could potentially save another
life?

I can't wrap my brain around that.

--

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard