Re: [OM] [Way OT] Why the recent northeast blizzard was not, due to glob

Subject: Re: [OM] [Way OT] Why the recent northeast blizzard was not, due to global warming
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 20:15:29 -0500
You picked the wrong example because, of course I deny the connection
because there isn't any that can be scientifically demonstrated.  Pay
attention here because the source is "Nature", not well known as a
"denier" forum.
<http://rogerpielkejr.blogspot.com/2012/11/little-change-in-drought-over-60-years.html>

  As it turns out, drought is in the same category as the claims of
increased frequency and severity of storms.  Sorry, the data just
doesn't support the popular press.

Incidentally, I don't deny that there is an anthropogenic component to
modern temperature rises but that it's actually much smaller than
climate models would have us believe.  Carbon dioxide, in and of itself,
has a limited effect on temperature.  Armageddon comes about from the
supposed cascade of follow-on events initiated by the early carbon
dioxide warming.  The only thing that points to adhering to the
"precautionary principle" is about 20 climate models whose accuracy
records for short term warming (20 years) are abominably poor.  I
believe the task cannot be accomplished due to the chaotic nature of
climate and the (still poor) understanding of what drives it.  Of
course, the modelers would never say that as they wouldn't have a job.

Chuck Norcutt