Re: [OM] IMG: Shucking Corn

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Shucking Corn
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 09:29:01 -0500
I can make the same comment about FastStone as a browser.  I also prefer
it to Bridge.  In its earlier incarnations it was pretty much a clone of
my preferred image browser called "BreezeBrowser" (a true browser, no
editing at all).  But now that I have the E-M5 I have to note that my
old version of BreezeBrowser doesn't pull embedded JPEGs out of ORF
files.  That's important for image reviews ahead of raw conversion.  The
updated version does it but I'm not sure I want to pay the upgrade price
just to fix that one problem.  FastStone has no problem with JPEGs in
ORFs so it could be I'll find myself using FastStone instead and passing
conversion and editing tasks to PhotoShop through FastStone.

Chuck Norcutt