Re: [OM] Woohooo! A clutz-free moment

Subject: Re: [OM] Woohooo! A clutz-free moment
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 14:59:24 -0500
I think they're fine as is with some post-processing.  I played with
several and even the high contrast scene with the coffee cup in the
window responds very well to nothing more than the PS shadow/highlight
control.  Go back to the Nikon raw file vs the small JPEGs and you
should be golden.

I think I said earlier that I was leery of trying to light that small
interior effectively with flash and especially multiple flash.  No
matter how many light benders you've got you can't overcome the inverse
square law for flash lighting.  At 3 feet from the light source you have
X luminosity.  At 6 feet you've only got 1/4X and you're already down 2
stops.  If you use multiple lights distributed down the length of the
floor or hidden in the seats you've got multi-multiple shadows cast
everywhere in that small space.

NIKON D800 dynamic range, raw files and shadow/highlight control in post
will do the job.

Chuck Norcutt