Re: [OM] IMG: Beans and Tortillas!

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Beans and Tortillas!
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 15:30:54 -0500
Thanks, Paul.  Many years ago I posted a photo of a family that I stayed
with in Honduras:

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/73490477

I got an e-mail from a woman photographer in Switzerland who could not
understand why I would set up such elaborate sets to photograph the family.
 She absolutely refused to believe that anybody lived that way in the 20th
century.  What most people don't understand, and what I try to show in my
photos, is that they are happy, loving families without any possessions or
material wealth.  If they only have access to good medical care when they
need it, the rest doesn't matter so much.

Tina

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 11:24 AM, Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > PESO:
> >
> > That's what they eat, 3 times a day, 365 days a year.  The cat eats what
> > falls on the floor.
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/148917063
> >

> Fantastic as always.  These photos are giving a glimpse into a way of
> living that's rather hard to wrap your head around if you've never been
> there....
>
> --
>
> Paul Braun
> Music Junkie
>
> "Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard
> --

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com