Re: [OM] IMG: Making Tortillas

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Making Tortillas
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 22:50:02 -0800
On 2/24/2013 6:43 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
> Somebody on the LUG thought the same so I tried cropping and came up with
> almost the same crop. Check the next photo.

I had much he same ideas as Joel on cropping and Chuck on the outside bokeh.

Differential NR, Lens Blur and Highlights down outside, a touch of dodging on
her right arm, to get back the tonal
values lost to NR.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Manley/Making_Tortillas.htm>

I know grain hounds won't like it, but I think making the shadows creamy smooth
reveals lovely, subtle tonalities and
distracts less from the subject.

Seems to me the center of the image is the lovely young woman, so less jungle
appeals in the square crop.

No longer documentation of family life in rural Honduras, but I love it cropped
to just a portrait. The light is fabulous.

Creamy Smooth Moose