Re: [OM] OT: X100

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: X100
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 23:57:29 -0600
Hi Moose,

I can't speak for Ken, but my desire to get an X100 goes back to my roots in
photography.  I started out with the early Leica RF, before the Leica M3 was
released.  The small camera with the only lens I could afford at the time
was a joy to use, and was not very conspicuous when taking occasional candid
snaps.

The X100 would appear to be the closest thing in a digital camera to that
original equipment.  If I need a variety of focal lengths, I have my
E-thingies, but they are much larger and more obvious.  In my recent
experience, I seldom change lenses in the field anyway.  A 35mm(equiv) FL is
a pretty good compromise.

Just my 2-cents.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA