Re: [OM] OT: X100

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: X100
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 08:08:21 -0600
> That's what I'm curious about. He's certainly not been an RF guy for many
> years, if ever. I know he's a Leica wannabe;
> he's said so often enough. The odds he will buy an X100 are very low.
> Enthusiasms occur often, and run high,
> acquisitions low, in that part of Iowa. ;-)

Two teenage daughters. What can I say?

You are probably right about the odds of my buying an X100. But there
are three reasons why I would consider it: The lens, the manual
controls, the in-camera BW files.

Honestly, the one camera I have the most serious case of GAS attack
over is the new XE-1. However, my wife has put her foot down and said
that we shall not be buying any more cameras with "1" in the name. A1,
E-1, L1...

The funny thing is that I pretty much bought the DMC-L1 for the same
reasons that I'd consider the X100. Yes, there has been
disappointments, such as the build quality of the lens and general
control-interface failings that proved that nobody actually
field-tested the camera, but those in-camera BW files are beautiful.

Well, I would like to have something that is much cleaner in high-ISO
performance than the slugs I currently shoot, but I've been able to
make up for it with superior skills...

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx