Re: [OM] E-M5 and OM 50/1.2

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 and OM 50/1.2
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 09:11:52 -0600
> One thing I've noticed right off the bat - that lens/adapter combo weighs
> more than the E-M5 body....  Big difference after living with the Panny
> 20/1.7 for a couple of months.  I can't see this setup being my daily
> walkaround combination.

My "review" of the E-M5 revealed my own personal dislike of the
weight-balance of the combination of E-M5 with legacy lenses. I'm sure
that the auxiliary grip would help address that a bit, but I'll have
to take the word of others on that. Olympus would have done well if
they would have pretty much perfectly matched the dimensions and
weight of a legacy OM body, but the desire for miniaturization "just
because we can" took over and ruined a good thing.

IMHO

It's a funny thing about size/weight. The Canon kit I use is MASSIVE
in comparison to my equivalent E-system kit. The OM kit is silly small
in comparison.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx