Re: [OM] Rambus unveils 'Binary Pixel' sensor tech for expanded dynamic

Subject: Re: [OM] Rambus unveils 'Binary Pixel' sensor tech for expanded dynamic range: Digital Photography Review
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 19:41:44 -0500
That's not quite my interpretation.  I think it's one shot... within the
limits of the shutter speed. But individual pixels are allowed to
"overflow" and be reset to start filling again.  Not stated but I assume
there has to be a counter associated with these pixels to count the
number of times if has been refilled.

Hmmm.  I just thought about what I wrote above.  I guess I'd call the
counters "high order bits".  :-)

Chuck Norcutt