Re: [OM] OT website issues

Subject: Re: [OM] OT website issues
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 08:38:11 -0600
I tested it with IE7. Not only did the left-hand frame not populate,
but the active menu pulldowns in the website weren't functioning
correctly. That's why I asked about which CMS and Theme Mike is using.
I've encountered oddities like this with the occasional Theme in a
couple of different CMS, but not in others.

Firefox has a real oddity where it can be influenced by the ppi
setting in a JPEG file. Instead of just displaying the image in a
pixel-by-pixel basis, Firefox will actively stretch the image to the
ppi settings. This is why I always save my images for web display as
100ppi.

Honestly, I know you all swear by Firefox, but in my experience, it is
a real pain for a website developer because it responds to PHP pages
unlike anything else out there. Safari is actually about the most
representative of all the browsers. If it looks good in Safari, it
will almost always look good in IE, FireFox and Chrome. I know there
are others out there, but those are the big four and account for about
95% of everything out there.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx