Re: [OM] Question About Lightbox

Subject: Re: [OM] Question About Lightbox
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 12:07:27 -0800
On 3/1/2013 7:12 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
>       I'm interested in using Lightbox, but looking for it by way of Google
> does not produce a downloadable that self-installs.  Instead, I get links to
> all sorts of downloads that require additional downloads to install the files
> manually.  After what I've gone through for the past couple of months I'm not
> very interested in hacking my way through another utility.
>
>       So, anyone know of a downloadable for Lightbox that includes an install
> function?

Might you be asking the wrong question? It looks to me that Lightbox IS one of
those incompletely realized packages that
will bring trouble and frustration. It's an abandoned, limited version of
Sagelight that is not supported and won't be
updated.

Sagelight offers a Lightbox package that is supposed to actually be
freestanding, if desired, no additional stuff.
<http://www.sagelighteditor.com/downloadfree.html>

OTOH, as explained above and in the above link, Lightbox doesn't sound very
attractive, and they promise a new, free,
version of Sagelight soon.

Why not download and try the full Sagelight for 30 days. If you like it, you
might even feel like paying the $40 for a
registered, supported version. If not, you could move on.

IF you are trying to avoid troublesome installation and use, why not use
something that's known to work? There are a lot
of free or very inexpensive image editors around. Are you intentionally looking
for one especially likely to be
unsatisfactory?

Curious Moose