Re: [OM] Question About Lightbox

Subject: Re: [OM] Question About Lightbox
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 20:06:12 -0800
On 3/1/2013 7:53 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I just double checked to be sure... yes, the Java control panel says the
> Java plugin is disabled for all browsers.  Note: It is claimed that
> disabling the Java plugin directly from within Internet Explorer is
> ineffective.  The only way to be sure is to disable within the Java
> control panel... check box in the upper left corner of the security tab.

Yes, I have done that, and the Firefox Add-ons Tab shows no Java entries.

And yet, Peter's images that Chris just posted about display correctly* in my
browser.

I might conclude two things from that:

1. It is not Java.

2. Just because it says 'lightbox' at the end of the URL, doesn't necessarily
mean it is the similarly named Java
thingie. One might, in fact, wonder why a giant like FB, with presumed hordes
of programmers, would bother with some,
apparently slightly half baked, bit of freeware Java code.

Still Curious, But It's Fading Moose

* At least, there are attractive images, and they sound like what others have
commented on.