Re: [OM] What the heck is that?

Subject: Re: [OM] What the heck is that?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 18:37:07 -0000
I agree with Chris.

As phrased in Fernando's original post: "You're not alone, but in my case I
still cannot remember what did I photograph" I believe that Chuck's
suggestion is appropriate (and correct too), but Fernando's second post: "As
for what did I photograph there" is grammatically not the same expression,
and Chris' second paragraph is instructive. By which I mean, I never knew
why it should be so, I just knew that it was so. No doubt that is because I
have never had to learn English as a foreign language, and I have had the
pleasure of being corrected by non-native speakers who know better than I
(though I do my best to reciprocate).

The use of the auxiliary "do" must be a real headache for a non-native
speaker. Commiserations!

Piers