Re: [OM] Sweet...

Subject: Re: [OM] Sweet...
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 06:44:09 -0500
You are welcome.  A (growing) problem with oldest OM-1 bodies is the
plastic meter frame.  This is one large U shaped piece that holds the
eyepiece glass, cds cells, meter circuit, and meter movement. Metal
screws going into plastic causes the plastic to crack.  After a while,
there's nothing to hold the spring loaded meter housing in place.
Newer production (and all 1N) split this frame into 3 separate pieces
(and a different type of plastic).  Longer lasting and easier to replace.

John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121  |  www.zuiko.com
Olympus OM Service since 1977