Re: [OM] In case you're not tired of me yet....

Subject: Re: [OM] In case you're not tired of me yet....
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 21:09:19 -0800
On 3/6/2013 10:13 PM, Paul Braun wrote:
> I just posted some more photos from the archives.
>
> New in Automobiles:
> http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=2907&g2_page=1

Race cars - zzzzzzzzz But I do pay attention, and there is a broken link for
"Indy History".

> New in People:  http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=2909

Race car people - zzzzzzzzzz

Well, I did have a girlfriend for a while  who was the account/business manager
for her brother's engine building
business. They were mostly rebuilding Toyota engines of some sort for some open
wheeled formula. They were very, very
clean and shiny, inside and out. But there was a more exotic Maserati 12 on a
pallet awaiting its turn on the dyno once.

She drove me around through the back roads of Marin in her Alfa Spyder. She and
her friends were serious Alfa people. We
went together to my only Formula One race, a trip that could be labeled "Things
Went South in Montreal".

If I'd been a lot younger, I'd have found it all quite interesting. As it was,
I was much more interested in the woman
than the cars. Perhaps that's part of what went South. Possibly not the main
thing, but I'm not at all sure 'what went
wrong'.

> New in Trains: http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=2906

Well, I'm not into trains, but more of interest, photographically, to me than

But, wait! It's not new at all. A repeat of "UP Into The Sunset"

Trains are good for abstracts, and I do like "I Think We'll Be Late". I do
photograph them when in their presence, as
when Carol convinced me to go into the Calif. Railroad Museum (Air conditioning
in a Sacramento summer may also have
played a role.). I liked the old stuff best, but this tiny little girl seemed
into VERY macho engines.
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=3547>

> And new in Architecture: http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=2908

Sheesh! Race car stuff again; at least some's abstract. :-) ;-)

Silly Moose

PS: Oh, very well, since I insist.
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=3552>