Re: [OM] 3-D printing, was: New photos up

Subject: Re: [OM] 3-D printing, was: New photos up
From: "Ian Manners" <void@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2013 23:03:59 +0800 (WST)
Hi Chuck,

> True?  I don't know enough about 3-D printing materials capability to
> say for sure but it's an interesting observation.

3D printing is already being used to create scaffolding for skin
and bone, even entire replacement bones and joints. Should
be available at a hospital near you with in the next few years.

It's also amazing how strong some of the plastics are that are
used by 3D printers, and there are also 3D design file lib's
available on the internet, as well as app's to create the design
files from photos for things like busts.

Cheers
Ian Manners
Of nowhere in particular.