Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 3/3/2013 and 8/3/2013: señoritas in low light

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 3/3/2013 and 8/3/2013: señoritas in low light
From: Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 11:09:31 +0000
On 9 March 2013 18:33, Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In this one, the light from the iPhone was the main source of illumination:
>
> http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=2399790769&k=gmxXbKB&lb=1&s=O

I don't know how many here are familiar with the BBC panel show "QI", but
this reminds me of something that came up there.  The panel were asked what
the meanings were of various words and phrases that have long fallen into
disuse.  One of them was "twitter-light", which, basically is what we now
call "twilight".  The modern word may even be a contraction of the disused
phrase, it certainly looks like one.  I think we should resurrect the
phrase to mean this sort of lillumination. ;)

I like this one, btw.

--
Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience
prove you wrong.  Remember: when the emperor looks naked, the emperor *is*

-Daria Morgendorffer