Re: [OM] OM-D E-M5 firmware update

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D E-M5 firmware update
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 22:28:43 -0400
I forgot to mention that when I first connected the camera to a USB port
I got a menu with several items I don't recall but the first of which
was "Storage".  The trouble was that this menu page is not described in
the Olympus upgrade instructions.  It was further trouble in that I
didn't initially recognize it as a menu (small "OK" button at lower
right to select) and even once I did I had no idea which menu item of 3
or 4 I was supposed to select.  I chose "Storage" as the most likely
sounding thing and then it started working.  But for all I know any of
the menu items might work for downloading firmware (which is not one of
the menu items)

As an old software test manager I find the poor instructions and
unexpected behavior of the software unacceptable.

Chuck Norcutt