[OM] Q.M. Æther New photos up

Subject: [OM] Q.M. Æther New photos up
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 14:10:26 -0700
On 3/9/2013 6:00 AM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Ether?

Quoting myself, a few years ago:

"Ever wonder what happened to æther/ether, that invisible medium through which
electromagnetic waves were thought to
propagate? Ask the average, relatively well read non-physicist, and you will
likely hear that it was disproved. Most
contemporary physicists in the appropriate fields 'believe' it exists, because
it makes their experimental and
mathematical results work, but nobody uses that name or even discusses it in
such a direct way, as an aftermath of the
ugliness of the relativity wars. They are embarrassed by this incident and want
to forget it.

A part of the scandal is that Einstein didn't receive the Nobel Prize for his
work on relativity, arguably one of the 2
or 3 greatest discoveries in the history of physics. He later got his Nobel for
some lesser, more obscure work. "

> You clearly do not understand quantum mechanics.

"If you think you understand quantum mechanics, you don't understand quantum
mechanics."
             -  attr. R. Feynman

" I think I can safely say that nobody understands quantum mechanics."
             - definitely R. Feynman

> All useless trash and gadgetry exists potentially in all places
> simultaneously.

Really? I thought most of it was in my house and garage. It's cluttering up
your and others' places as well? :-)

I know it's eaten my desk, and is creeping in on me.

Danger Will Moose