Re: [OM] In case you're not tired of me yet....

Subject: Re: [OM] In case you're not tired of me yet....
From: "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 17:44:15 -0500
Passengers were in enclosed cars with all windows presumably closed, whereas
locomotive crew was in an open cab. Also, the length of tunnels was long but
the movement of the train would tend to disperse a bit the smoke by the time
the passenger cars got inside it. Apparently the SP was the only railroad
that had that much in the way of long tunnels. Stem locomotives belch great
clouds of particulates and carbon monoxide. I suspect that the cab forwards
were made based on previous bad experiences.