[OM] More people pix up tonight

Subject: [OM] More people pix up tonight
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 20:59:55 -0500
I came home from work after a relatively crappy day, due to the fact
that someone in corporate networking logged into one of our network
switches a couple days ago and just did a blanket reset on all of the
ports without asking why a dozen of them were configured differently.
This had the effect of taking all of my radiology devices off the
network, and I just this morning found out why.  So I've been tracking
down everything to get them to undo the damage they did.... sigh.

So, I dug back into LR and continued on my merry way.  More photos are
up (there's one new one in The Great Outdoors, but the rest are in People).

A lot of these are of musicians, and quite a few of them are of
musicians who were huge in the 70's and 80's.  In case you're wondering
how the heck I get those shots....

In 2001 I started an acoustic concert series at the theatre I belong
to.  Early on, I was trying to come up with interesting artists to book
and a friend of mine, as we were sitting down over hamburgers one
evening, pulled out his cell phone and said, "I have an idea" and call a
guy he's been friends with for over 30 years, Jim Peterik of The Ides of
March and Survivor fame (Jim wrote "Vehicle" and "Eye Of The Tiger,"
amongst a truckload of others.)  He left voicemail for Jim and said he
needed to call me about playing at my theatre because he thought he'd
really enjoy it.  At that first show, JP and I hit it off and he invited
me to his studio at his home in a couple of weeks to sit in on a
recording session.  It's a friendship that's just developed over the
years, and then several years back he asked if I would take over
managing his website and get him on social media.  I've just slowly been
pulled into the inner circle of Jim's friends and was accepted as a
member of the musical family.  This is fairly surreal since I was a huge
fan of JP's music wayyyyy before I ever met him.

To me, it's cool because these are all guys that I get along with and
respect very highly, both as musicians and as humans.  The music
business is a squirelly one, to say the least, and the fact that I've
earned their trust and friendship and, to a degree, respect, is
something I treasure.  Sheri and I consider Jim and his wife Karen
amongst our dearest friends.

It's also something that from time to time freaks me out.  JP's been
friends over the years with a lot of people that I consider musical
heroes, guys that back in the day I couldn't get closer to than half a
stadium away.  Now, I count several of them as good friends, have had
dinner with many of them, and get to hang out with artists that I often
just have to shake my head to make sure I'm actually awake. I mean, I've
got their entire album collections on my shelf...

So, that, plus the artists I've met during the course of my own concert
series, offers me a unique opportunity for photos of some extremely cool
people.

Please make sure to read the captions on a couple of the photos...
you'll know which ones.... they explain the whole story.

C&C encouraged as always.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard