[OM] Interesting data points - solar

Subject: [OM] Interesting data points - solar
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 23:56:42 -0500
Looking at our utility bill and comparing to the previous occupant's energy
usage is quite interesting. They did everything possible to defeat the
solar technology by covering up the windows during the day and letting the
shrubs get out of hand. They turned the place into a conventional house. We
embrace the technology and cleared out the bushes which were covering a
third of the windows.

Result? Almost a third of the energy consumption and we keep it six degrees
warmer. Oh, and we've had less sun this year too. That's right. Their bill
was almost three times higher.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx