Re: [OM] (OM) Kiev-4

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Kiev-4
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 23:46:18 +1300
Joel asked
> I wonder where the word "resile" can be found in use?  Any actual known
> authors cited?

Just to clarify; my opening remarks were intended to, somewhat obliquely, I
suppose, make fun of my own changeability of intent.

I had said clearly enough that I wouldn't buy, yet eventually I did  :-(

Yes, Joel, 'resile' is used in New Zealand, usually in Parliamentary debates
( read; Senate in the USA), where it is used to castigate a Member of
Parliament who has gone back on = reneged on, a previous undertaking or
debating position, and seemingly without adequate reason.

I was just wondering how I could use the verb in a sentence, when 'resilient'
popped up ... so I used both.

The camera in general seems to be in good shape, and the only real sign of
use is the pressure plate which has many parallel scratches on it.

However, there are one or two problems which need sorting - and I wonder
if I caused one of them by doing an incorrect sequence of operations in
winding on and changing speed.

I located a well-regarded serviceman in Russia, and the camera will be
going there this week for a CLA. He is Oleg Khalyavin, and his fee for a CLA
is $US 52.

Given its age, and the reasonable cost, a CLA seems in order. These
machines have a LOT of cogs and shafts which may deserve a bit of lube.
I have a clearance for the Domestic Finance Officer ...

So, we'll see.

The greater cost is likely to be postage.

Brian Swale