Re: [OM] Some new orchid photos and random complaining

Subject: Re: [OM] Some new orchid photos and random complaining
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 18:20:07 -0500
On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 2:23 AM, C.H.Ling <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Joel, the shots are very nice dispite of the poor lighting condition, I
> like
> the B/W orchid.
>
> OM180/2.8 has very long close focus distance, I use a 43mm extension tube
> (a
> Sigma 2x with lens element removed) for closeup and tripod is required with
> this combination.

Thanks, Ling.  The 180 is very heavy compared to "digital" lenses, isn't
it.  I realize I will need to get back into practice using it.  I was
judging the amount of extension I might need from the distances I often
have to work with.  I guess it is quite hard to compare a fixed telephoto
to a zoom lens in this regard.  If I try it, I will just make sure I have
all of my tubes with me!

I suppose I should take a monopod too.  I would probably be asked to leave
if I set up a tripod!

Joel W.