Re: [OM] Purse and/or Camera [was More ...

Subject: Re: [OM] Purse and/or Camera [was More ...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 17:38:37 -0700
On 3/18/2013 5:01 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Illustrative,  Multi Permutative  perhaps Still Futzing Moose writes:
>
> Here are some physical comparison images of G11, E-PM1 with Panny 14-42X
> and E-PL2 with Panny 20/1.7.
> <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Tech/Oly_Pens>
>
> And the E-PM1 with both Pannys in my OtterBox. I would, of course, put
> padding between the two lenses. The camera body
> came with a stick-on, rubbery grip (which I like) which cushions the
> unmounted lens from the body.
> <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Tech/Oly_Pens&image=_3170392croof60m.jpg>
>
> Hmmm,
>
> Size comparison quite compelling

Yeah, reading dimensions on a page doesn't tell much. Pics are much closer to
the real thing. I know the G9 is slightly
smaller than the G11, but that's the closest comparison I have.

You may have noticed it has a wrist strap, rather than neck strap. It fits
easily in the pockets of the vest I wear this
time of year, and isn't too big a lump in jacket pockets. I'm thinking of a
glass protective filter, in place of the
lens cap for pocket use.

Odd, really, the G11 has all the full, manual control with wheels and buttons
galore, while the E-PM1 has very
minimalist controls, but the bigger sensor is the IQ winner.

> ---great shots BTW.

Ah, thanks. The first series are in mixed CFL and window light. The last one is
pure CFL. In each case, an extra shot
with WhiBal card in the frame was used for WB. Quick click in ACR, then the
rest with the same settings.

Perhaps this is the time to tell you to get a WB reference card? Most of your
last indoor orchid shots at the show look
WAY off in WB. I tried using possible neutral references on a few, and the
colors change dramatically.

I've got a WhiBal card the size and thickness of a credit card in my wallet.
Should have pulled it out and demonstrated
it in your kitchen.

> 14-42 X seems to have a preliminary Moose seal of approval as a "real
> lens".

Yeah, use is odd, but I'm adapting. The speed of focus and zooming is
proportional to how far/hard the tab is pushed, so
control is good. But yes, I think it's a real lens, not a toy or "look at that".

> I have found  that  (MSOA )to be a reliable designation

Why thank you. (Oh no, something else to live up to. ;-)    )

> and would not consider paradigm shift for compact kit w/o it.
> Perhaps many very slightly used ones are available from dissatisfied
> Panny non G5 body owners at a good price.

It seems to me that some folks considered it a toy, and sold it off without
trying it out. Then there's at least one
seller who intentionally bought up a bunch of body/lens kits and broke them up
to sell on the 'Bay for a greater
combined price. His and some from others claim to have never been used at all.
That's what my seller claimed. Certainly
no visible indication of use when I got it.

Color Balanced Moose