Re: [OM] Slide scanning service, UK

Subject: Re: [OM] Slide scanning service, UK
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 13:50:37 -0700
On 3/19/2013 4:32 AM, Donald wrote:

> Just had a break in my reply, a Yellowhammer flew into the conservatory
> glass, and I took it inside to recover, sitting on my finger in the
> warm. Little bugger flew off eventually, but not before crapping on my
> leg! Ungrateful bird!

Gratitude, or the reverse, have nothing to do with it. As with all aviation,
it's about weight.

Birds collect output from both eliminatory systems in their cloaca, primarily,
I suppose, so they won't foul their own
nests. Even eensy, weensy, new hummingbird hatchlings raise their tiny butts up
and squirt the cloaca contents over the
edge of the nest. Yes, orphaned hummingbird eggs and birds were once raised in
my house.

Anyway, back to my point, flying birds always empty their cloaca as or just
before taking flight to avoid expending
energy carrying dead weight.

Learned The Hard Way Moose