[OM] Golden child 28/2 lens and technology mismatch

Subject: [OM] Golden child 28/2 lens and technology mismatch
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 17:00:25 -0500
So, as you all know, I tempted domestic tranquility fates and bought
that 28/2 from Jan. Lovely lens. Wonderful lens. Oh, what a lens...

On an OM body with film.

Digital 4/3? Not so much. It hot-spots bright lights in the scene all
over the image and is a beast to focus. Wide-open, it just doesn't mix
well at all with either the E-1 or DMC-L1. The lowly 24/2.8 is a much
better lens in that regard. I'm going to call it a dud for digital use
on my cameras.I consider this 28/2 a must-have lens for film, but
would not recommend it if the plan is to use it on an Olympus digital
body.

Yet, when used on an OM-3Ti or OM-4T, this lens is simply awesome. My
film "go kit" right now is the 35-80/2.8, 28/2, 50/1.4 and 100/2 with
OM-3Ti and OM-4T. If I'm working with just one body, I'll select the
35-80 if I'm working with color, the primes if working with B&W.

Indoor stuff is fantastic. I've never been much of a fan of 28mm as I
have always preferred 35mm or 24mm, but this lens has changed my mind.
I have absolutely no qualms about going to an event or family
gathering with just this one lens.

If somebody were to ask for my opinion on a simple OM kit if money is no object:

One OM-4Ti or OM-3Ti.
If one prime lens, the 28/2.
If one zoom lens, the 35-80.
If a second prime lens, the 100/2.