Re: [OM] Golden child 28/2 lens and technology mismatch

Subject: Re: [OM] Golden child 28/2 lens and technology mismatch
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 17:13:01 -0500
Hi Ken,

It's nice to know and respect the limitations of our equipment, even the
great pieces of gear.

Your comments on the 28/2 and digital remind me of similar discoveries with
some Pentax primes from the film era.  Everyone brags about the Takumar
50/1.4 lens, and it is a nice lens.  But, when used on Oly 4/3 gear, the
less spectacular Takumar 55/1.8 lens makes better portraits.  Maybe it is
because of the crop factor.  It just performs better for me.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA