Re: [OM] Golden child 28/2 lens and technology mismatch

Subject: Re: [OM] Golden child 28/2 lens and technology mismatch
From: iwert bernakiewicz <iwert.bcz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 23:49:52 +0100
Ken,

If you like the 100/2, the 50/2 is in the same game. A late 1.4 is
very good as well, but not that good at close focussing distance.

I just tested my 28/2 (I believe it comes from Bill?) and could
replicate the issue, but only in very limited situations, and not very
pronounced. (it would only disturb me if I was shooting candles or
lights, and even then it is not that clear, rather faint.
When stopping down it becomes more pronounced however. I have to have
the light in the 'spot metering' area of say the 2-4 screen, otherwise
it does not show. Not in the thirds... probably a crop thing. So for
most compositions it would be a non issue I think.

Haven't tested with a X-mass tree however...

Iwert