Re: [OM] Tonight's theatre rehearsal

Subject: Re: [OM] Tonight's theatre rehearsal
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 08:28:52 -0500
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 4:02 AM, Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That looks and sounds exciting, Paul.
>
> Thanks, Bob and Chris.

It's both exciting and nervewracking.  The rules are very strict - if you
go over 60min by 15 seconds, according to the official timer, you are
disqualified.  However, they won't tell you that until the awards ceremony
at the end...

Our theatre company has been participating as long as I can remember.
We've won regional a couple times, but always seem to get shot down by
state.  We tend to bring the edgier, more challenging works, and the
adjudicators tend to go for the warm, fuzzy chestnuts.  Back in '91,
however, we did get an invite to perform at a competition in Glasgow,
Scotland -- the man who was tasked with handing out the invitation felt
that our production was superior to the one that actually won the state
competition, so he asked us instead.  That was an exciting trip to a
beautiful country - my wife and I would love to go back some day.

--

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard