Re: [OM] Dead dinosaurs

Subject: Re: [OM] Dead dinosaurs
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 13:46:03 -0500
> When you consider that the purveyors and users of fossil fuels are not
> taxed even a fraction of the negative externalities they impose on
> society, the subsidy received by fossil fuels is FAR in excess of that
> granted to renewables.

The sad thing is that these subsidies for renewables are only
necessary BECAUSE of the subsidies to the oil and gas companies. Take
the 5 cent per gallon blenders credit for ethanol. The east-coasters
are all upset about that, but totally ignore the fact that we
subsidize normal gasoline too. This is the only thing that makes it an
even playing field. How is this for a radical thought: Take away all
subsidies for EVERYTHING.

To Bob's rant on retirement, let me go even further. I just about blew
a gasket when some top-shelf politicans (from the idiot side of the
aisle, not the moron side), suggested raiding people's 401K plans
because mostly the privileged had 401K plans.

Shall we name names?  Nah. It might cause Bob to switch political parties again.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx