Re: [OM] Dead dinosaurs

Subject: Re: [OM] Dead dinosaurs
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 16:30:48 -0400
On Mar 22, 2013, at 2:46 PM, Ken Norton wrote:

> (from the idiot side of the
> aisle, not the moron side)

Laugh of the day. For sure.

But I wouldn't switch parties. I think it's about time to consider confiscating
some wealth in this country as a kind of "Up Yours" surcharge. I know it's been
done elsewhere with varying success. I also know there's a ginormous amount of
money "sequestered" by individuals and corporations in this country. I'm
thinking some kind of "spend it or lose it" thing. If they threaten to leave
the country, let them leave. Good riddance. The price of readmission, and they
will eventually want to be readmitted, will be even higher than the surcharge
would have been.

Nah. The moron side would never let that pass.

The best primer in U.S. economics I ever saw was the other day on Facebook.
Picture of a Twinkie with a bite out of it.

Text more or less says: A CEO, a teabagger and a union guy sit down at a table
with 12 Twinkies. The CEO immediately takes 11 of the 12 Twinkies. Then he
turns to the teabagger and says, "That union thug wants part of your Twinkie."

As I said of FB, it doesn't get more succinct that that.

But then we aren't supposed to be talking politics on this site, are we? <g>

--Bob, don't hold the Mao.