[OM] Some new orchid photos and random complaining

Subject: [OM] Some new orchid photos and random complaining
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 18:54:56 -0400 (EDT)
By itself the 180/2.8 goes down to 2 meters and 0.11 mag. With all 3 OM
tubes (46mm) you get down to 0.92 meters and 0.36 mag.

Chuck Norcutt

My favorite portable orchid 180 is the Cosina Voigtländer SL
APO-Lanthar 180mm f/4. It focuses to 1.2m
and goes down to 1:4 w/o ext tubes. Doesn't do F2.8 very well though.
It is quite small for its FL.
It does focus the "wrong" non zuiko  way which balls me up.

http://www.photozone.de/reviews/264-voigtlander-sl-180mm-f4-apo-lanthar-test-reportreview

http://www.olyendomike.com/Macro/Macro-2013/27352162_6bnt92#!i=2299389501&k=nStsvnp&lb=1&s=L

I enjoyed Joel's series quite a bit. Very nice cattleyas and what look
like mini catts.
If he visits New Eng around the time of the NHOS show (not the best
time necessarily to visit but he could stay with us) one can use a
tripod or whatever for the first hour before the public is let in.

NHOS member, Mike