Re: [OM] Lessons Learned

Subject: Re: [OM] Lessons Learned
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 13:50:19 -0700
On 3/23/2013 4:49 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Dunno where you heard this.  Sounds like web lore to me.

Yes, Ian's reply shocked me. Without any research at all, it's clear that the
wide general use of SD cards in everything
would not work so seamlessly if all those devices needed controllers. Witness
the Oly-Fuji SNAFUs with xD.

>   From the Wiki article on flash memory
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_memory>

That entry implies, but does not specifically say, that SD cards have on board
controllers. This page shows pix of
opened up cards, showing the controllers.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sd_cards>

On Board Controller Moose