Re: [OM] "Action" photography with the E-M5

Subject: Re: [OM] "Action" photography with the E-M5
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 17:05:56 -0500
> The pano is very nice.  I assume this was done during an interruption in the
> action, since I see service vehicles on the track.

LOL, during one of the heat races, the sprint cars have to race the
push trucks. The push trucks ALWAYS win since they don't get the cars
going first. (just kidding folks).

Sprint cars (not the Sprint Cup cars in Nascar) don't have
transmissions, flywheels, starters or batteries..  It's just an engine
connected to tires. The drivers have only two functions: Mash the
throttle and turn the wheel to the right. The engines are somewhere
near 900HP for the big races. (in a sub-1400 pound vehicle).

See "World of Outlaws" and "Knoxville Nationals".

Top speed of a 410 (cubic inch) WoO car is just over 14 seconds on the
dirt half-mile at Knoxville (Iowa). That's faster than Nascar at
Bristol. The wrecks can be spectacular.

Knoxville is the premier dirt track for sprint cars, which is pretty
flat with 8 degree banking. It's also quite unique as it uses a type
of river clay that has a lot of grip.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx