Re: [OM] "Action" photography with the E-M5

Subject: Re: [OM] "Action" photography with the E-M5
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 21:37:36 -0400
No, I don't find it boring at all. Whilst just going round and round
they are actually racing and trying very hard to pass the guy in front
of them.  There are also lots of crashes when the small track is crowded
with as many as 25 cars.  In one 25 lap race they couldn't go more than
1 or 2 laps without a crash and caution light while the track was
cleared... which is the boring part.  The real race didn't start until
the field had been winnowed to about a dozen cars.

Ken mentioned that the dirt tracks can get packed down to a very hard
surface.  The track this time stayed fairly loose.  When I was here 2
years ago the track got packed down and smoothed such that it looked
more like asphalt.  It also behaved like asphalt as the tires would
squeal when sliding into the turns.  Before I saw it for myself I
wouldn't have believed that possible on dirt or clay soil.

I suppose I'd prefer a road race over an oval track but the oval track
allows you to see everything.  That there are only left turns doesn't
mean they aren't racing.

Chuck Norcutt