[OM] Head pounding moments

Subject: [OM] Head pounding moments
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 11:04:39 -0500
Not really related to photography or Olympus, but...

So, here I am, designing out a futuristic telecommunications network
that does everything but dice carrots, fighting the powers that be
every step of the way. I'm told "no" over and over again, or accused
of building a "gold plated network". Much frustration, but I continue
on and have to write justifications all the time for the same things.
In the end, I always get what I want, but it's never been easy. So,
here I have a network that is at least two years ahead of the rest of
the company. It's futuristic enough that it has actually become the
model which the industry has followed.

A press release comes out stating that we're going to be all cutting
edge and do this new network thingy. Yup. it's my network, but will be
another two years before implemented in the areas the press release
even covers. Meanwhile, some dweeb halfway across the country is
taking credit for the whole thing.

That's not the part the bugs me, though. What bugs me is that what
we've been doing for the past two years is suddenly being halted
because the rest of the network isn't caught up, so my network is
"non-standard" and can't be supported until it goes system-wide.

Grrrrrr...

AG