[OM] Back in the fold [was On the Road Again]

Subject: [OM] Back in the fold [was On the Road Again]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 19:51:10 -0700
On 3/25/2013 11:00 AM, Paul Braun wrote:
> Have a safe trip.

Actually, we got back Thursday evening.

As there were no wireless electronic communications at all at The Pinnacles, I
came home to over 300 posts, which had
grown to almost 400 by the next morning.

I've been digging my way through ...

> We're all expecting photos on the other side...

In spite of Joel's best wishes, I didn't bust any SD cards. That didn't
surprise me, as I"d recently acquired a couple
more 32GB cards, with UHS-1, which does seem to speed up writes.

Before I wade through the rest of the list posts, I need to post an image. This
was a week for wildflowers, mammals and
birds. Less than half an hour after driving in to the park, I took my first
shot, of a Condor. Nothing breathtaking, as
they soar very high. Still, my first ever shot of one and the first one I've
seen in many years.
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=4003>

The last sighting was very close and very brief, as one came in low over the
house we were standing in, looking out the
picture window, swooped past and down, out of sight. Even if I'd had a camera
in hand, I doubt I'd have made the shot.

Travelin' Moose